Try the King George VI´s tongue twister and some more with us! Say each of the following 12 tongue twisters as fast as you can. ( Can ANYONE make it under a minute, we wonder...?!?)
Record a video (preferred) or audio (no pauses or cuts), upload it to our website (see the form below) and wait for your prize!
You can upload your entries from January 7, 2019 to February 28, 2019, so there is plenty of time for you to practise!
If you make a mistake in your recording, just say the mispronounced tongue twister again (not all of them).
You'll have great fun AND the fastest and most correct pronunciation will be rewarded!
10 of the best ones will win prizes such as the opportunity to take a Cambridge English Exam for free or with great discounts, cool "Beats" headphones, English books and other prizes.
Get some inspiration here :-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9QB1AMavZ0
LIST OF TONGUE TWISTERS:
1) I am a thistle sifter. I have a sieve full of sifted thistles and a sieve full of unsifted thistles, because I am a thistle sifter.
2) I'm not the fig plucker, nor the fig plucker's son, but I'll pluck figs till the fig plucker comes.
3) Susie works in a shoeshine shop. Where she shines, she sits, and where she sits she shines.
4) The thirty-three thieves thought that they thrilled the throne throughout Thursday.
5) She stood on the balcony, inexplicably mimicking him hiccupping, and amicably welcoming him in.
6) Big black bugs bleed blue black blood, but baby black bugs bleed blue blood.
7) Chester Cheetah chews a chunk of cheap cheddar cheese.
8) How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
9) A tutor who tooted the flute tried to tutor two tooters to toot. Then said the two to the tutor
"Is it tougher to toot or to tutor two tooters to toot”?
10) She sells seashells by the seashore. The shells she sells are sea-shells, I’m sure.
11) If practice makes perfect and perfect needs practice, I’m perfectly practiced and practically perfect.
12) Yes, English can be weird. It can be understood through tough thorough thought, though.